Friday, March 11, 2022

Creating and Running a Website

           This adventure of creating and running a website has really morphed over the course of just a few weeks. I began with a website that I built using a website builder. Thank you, website builders! I am still very confused about HTML coding. Now that this site has been live for a week or so, I am getting wonderful feedback from friends on how to adjust and improve what I am trying to accomplish. The site is built but still has a long way to go before it is effectively functional how I want it. The learning curve has been challenging. I know what I want the website to do, but I don’t know how to make it do that.

The requirements for my site and this class have been challenging for me as well. At first, I wanted to get the word out about my sewing classes and get enrollment. Then I realized that my schedule is already packed and I need to keep my enrollment down for the time being. So, I shifted my focus to my missionary pillowcases and my friend’s missionary quilts. They are already set up on Etsy and Big Cartel, so I figured getting traffic to them through my website would work for the assignment.

Not having clear focus on what my goals are, have made this very difficult. How the website is built changes with the goals. I will probably not make any money during the course of this class, but I have learned SO much!

No comments:

Post a Comment