Saturday, January 29, 2022

Web Hosting and Site Building

    This week we discussed web hosting and site builders. We were speaking a whole language and it was very overwhelming. Some hosts are also site builders. Some bundle the cost all together and others don’t. Some work with Google Analytics and offer advertising credits. Others don’t.

    I am grateful that I have classmates asking questions and doing their own research. Their insights as well as my own research are helping me sort it all out. Now, I need to decide which one (or more) fit my needs the best. There lies the next problem. What are my needs? What business have I decided to build a website for and promote?

    I teach kids how to sew (sometimes adults too, but kids are what I am good at) and have been using Facebook as my website. This has been working but not super effectively. I would like to build a website around my teaching business. This would feature details about the classes I am offering as well as allow a student to sign up for the class and pay for it. I would like to reach an audience that I can’t reach through social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment