Saturday, June 19, 2021

Tarryn is a Leader!

         This week’s study took us down the journey of leadership. It got me thinking about my daughter. She just graduated high school and has been a natural leader her whole life. People are drawn to her. After graduation she took a job at Wal Mart. She is working in the online order/pickup department. It is her first week and I am already hearing comments of how this or that could be improved or made more efficient. She took this job because it is something that she can do for a short time without getting attached and feel bad when she leaves in September. Her natural abilities are far beyond this entry level job and I see management qualities in her that will take her far in whatever field she chooses.

Leadership skills are something that my daughter got from my husband, not from me. Being a leader is hard for me. Developing plans and delegating are not my strong suit. That is one of the reasons that I went back to school. I want to build a business teaching others how to sew and quilt. I want to quilt with a long arm quilting machine and help people get their projects across the finish line. I feel that having some schooling in my background will help me accomplish this dream.

I am excited to learn from Dean Cropper, who built Cropper Medical and the Bioskin brand. He has been there and done that. He and his wife have persevered through the hard times and I am sure they have celebrated the good. They have built a legacy that they are able to pass on to their children. Thankfully their children have embraced different parts of the business. There are many family businesses that the children don’t want any part of.

My quilting business could be one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment