Thursday, June 10, 2021

Perseverance

 Often times, when I have a challenge that I am trying to work through, I think of the pioneers of the early Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. They had some HARD challenges. The journey across the plains to the Salt Lake Valley was long and difficult. Many didn’t make it due to illness or injury causing death along the way but the people knew what they were doing was right and that the Lord would bless them in their efforts. They persevered despite it being hard.

We learned from Elder Jeffrey R. Holland (who at the time of the address was the president of BYU) some of the details regarding the building of the Salt Lake temple. The building of this temple took 40 long years of blood, sweat and tears. Once the foundation was dug out and prepared, they had to cover it back up. This must have been so discouraging. Then they had to do it again because it was cracked when they uncovered it. Elder Holland discussed the hard work it took to get just one stone from quarry, cut just the right size and shape and how the people saw very little progress from week to week on the building. But the people knew they were doing the work of the Lord. They had faith and kept on going.

My business isn’t the first priority in my life right now, my family is. My children are growing and getting ready to leave the house for their own adventures. I am trying to savor the time I have left with them. That is a challenge itself. I work my business when they are at school or work. They pop home for a few minutes here and there. I try to spend those few minutes with them. They have been extremely supportive of me. Offering encouraging words when something doesn’t go just right, cheering me on to the finish line of a project or watching the little guy so I don’t have any interruptions. They are wonderful children!

I strive to keep the example of the pioneers in my thoughts when things get hard. They persevered and so can I. I can build a business, with the Lord’s help.

No comments:

Post a Comment