Thursday, April 29, 2021

Dreams

This week I took on the challenge of creating a bucket list with 50 items. I didn't realize it would be so hard to come up with 50 things. It was hard! This showed me that a bucket list doesn’t have to be just dreams. Those dreams can be reality.

I believe that dreams are an important part of our lives. Dreams show that we can make goals. I have a dream of having a quilting business that can support my needs if I need to do so. That doesn’t have to be a dream. It has become a goal and I have started making smaller goals that are steppingstones along the way. Dreams and goals give us something to work for, something to look forward to. If we don’t have dreams and goals in our lives, we are at a stand still and are no longer growing and improving.

As a child, I wanted to be a veterinarian when I grew up. I grew up around animals and loved them so much. I learned that I could connect with animals when others could not. Somewhere along the way, I lost sight of that dream. I was reminded of that dream when talking with a friend the other day. She asked me why I can’t make that dream a reality. I have returned to school and could make it a reality. Times have changed, interests have changed. I still love animals and can still connect with them on a different level than others, but I have found something different that makes me happy.

In my teenage years, I learned how to sew and it quickly became a passion. This passion has taught me a lot but it took me many years to figure out how I wanted to make money with this passion. Part of my journey is figuring out what the Lord wants me to do with this gift. He has given me a gift for a reason. I want to use it the way He would like me to.


No comments:

Post a Comment